Friday, July 17, 2009

Rattled Knees and Rapture Dreams



It's time for a little quiz. Answer honestly! There are only two questions.
When you read or watch the news, does your heart-rate increase? Yes - NO
Is your increased adrenaline due to a sensation of fear, or hope? Fear - Hope
That wasn't so hard now was it? For some, the mere mention of a QUIZ strike Ben-ladenesque fear. But there is more behind your answer than you might realize, especially for the believe in Messiah.
Oh, you want to know how I answered, do you? (Why do you think I'm writing this blog?)
The age/time/generation/days we live in are unique. There's no question that they are rapidly fulfilling a Bible prediction: "In the last days perilous times will come." I, for one, think peril has arrived. Today, Defense Secretary Robert Gates made a brilliant statement. He said, "There is no doubt that Iran will be able to launch nuclear-tipped missiles against its neighbors a lot sooner than it will be able to reach us." Duh! But it gets worse. He also said, "Iran's completion of its nuclear program may be sooner than we think." One word comes to mind... PERIL!
But my heart races for another reason. "For God gave us a spirit not of fear, but of power, love and self-control." (2Timothy 1:7) The elements of this verse are not only available to the believer in Messiah, they have already been given. FOR GOD GAVE! In the same way that God so loved the world that he GAVE, he has given us a spirit that looks beyond peril and acts outside of terror. So, fear is not my heart-racer unless I'm speeding down the highway and see a State Trooper coming the other way, or unless I am sneaking a cookie and my wife comes in the room. (Now that's real fear!)
My increased heart rate is for accompanies this great time of peril.
First: A Great Outpouring of Power is on the way. That makes me excited. People need Jesus, but right now their ears are stopped up. Trouble is coming, and with it, people are going to seek for truth like never before. I get to be a part of the giving of life! lub-dub lub-dub lub-dub...
Second: With the increasing peril of our day will come a release of those things that matter not. It won't matter what my bank account looks like. There won't be one. It will not matter in the least what stuff I have...stuff crammed in the garage or storage. Why? Because when life is on the line, stuff doesn't matter. "The Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." (Heart rate at 130 and climbing)
Third: With the coming showdown on the horizon, the Gog and Magog War against Israel, my heart beats the fastest whenever I look up to see redemption speeding my way. Terrorism has no hold. Bible Prophecy speaks to the coming victory more than it speaks to horror, at least for the believer. Iran and Ahmadinijad will do their thing...God will pay the back for their misdeeds. And although we can see it all coming, what really pumps fresh surges of adrenaline into my system is the RAPTURE! (Get the heart monitor)
If you are in fear of these days, get in touch with the truth of the Word. Your only fear should be that which is intertwined in having a relationship with the God who measures the universe in the span of his hand...yet love YOU enough to offer redemption through his only Son Jesus Messiah. So, quit shaking in your loafers. Look up! Jesus is at the door. (Get new heart)
Jimmy Root Jr
Author: Distant Thunder Book One of the Lightning Chronicles
Watch for my Virtual Book Tour coming in August. Details to follow.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your comments. What you think matters.