The following article sheds light on the fact that this development might be just fine and dandy with Barrack Obama.
President's sentiments on mosque made clear
Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 8/18/2010
A Messianic Jewish leader and supporter of Israel thinks President Obama's recent comments made to a Muslim group clearly illustrate his sentiments are with Islam -- just as he promised in his book The Audacity of Hope.
On Friday, President Barack Obama created a firestorm when at a White House Ramadan observance he told the Muslim audience he supported the right of the developers to build a mega-mosque near the site of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. But over the weekend he added that he would not comment on the wisdom of building a mosque close to "Ground Zero."Opponents of the mosque have deemed his comment insensitive because the terrorists who struck the buildings in 2001 were Islamic extremists.Jan Markell, founder and director of Olive Tree Ministries, remembers what Obama wrote in one of his books."This is a bit of a paraphrase: 'When ill winds blow,' he said, 'I will always stand with the Muslims,'" she cites. [Editor's note - Actual quote: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."]
"I am not one who is saying that Barack Obama is a Muslim; we don't know that," the ministry leader continues. "But the fact is his sentiment is with the Muslims of the world, and his sentiment is with the Muslims of Manhattan. I'm quite sure that he would be very okay with a mosque just a stone's-throw away from 9/11."But Markell believes once Obama expressed his support for the project, he publicly backtracked because he realized that he could not be disrespectful of the families of the 9/11 victims, even though his sentiments might be with the Muslims.
Again, how do we react to these continuing stupidities?
1. Remember, our battle is not against flesh and blood....so don't become bigoted and a hater of Muslims. How can we share Jesus with them if we hate them? hmm?
2. If the church had been doing its job, staying on fire for Jesus, and not watering down the truth to eliminate the inerrancy of Scripture, the moving of the Spirit, signs and wonders, and the general rules of faith and conduct, we might not be in this mess. In other words, its time for the people of the ONE TRUE GOD to repent and get back to our first love.
3. Pray--Vote--Pray some more. Then tell your neighbors, colleagues, acquaintances, and everybody else about the grace of God in Christ. People really are hungry for the truth. Don't cover your light. The time to shine is NOW!
4. Jesus IS COMING, but that doesn't mean we may not go through hard times, including all out persecution for our faith before he shows up to take us home. Suck it up...develop tough skin and a tender heart...count it a blessing to suffer for Christ.
5. Stop messing around and get faithful to the Body of Christ.... In other words, get out of bed and go to church. Soccer, baseball, football, volleyball, basketball, and tiddly winks will all pass away. What you do for the Lord by worship and service will remain forever. Get with it!
Jimmy Root Jr
Author: DISTANT THUNDER
Book One of the Lightning Chronicles
NOW at SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED PRICE
$10 per Copy...SIGNED!
Buy several for the same shipping rate as ONE! Give them as gifts.
Send a check to Jimmy Root Jr PO Box 112, Smithville, MO 64089
(add $5.00 for shipping)
I must clear out my stock in order to make room for
Book Two of the Lightning Chronicles FINALIST in the READERS FAVORITE National Writing Competition in the Christian Fiction Genre
AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 1st
Distant Thunder, Gog and Magog, Israel, Iran, Radical Islam, Ezekiel 38 and 39, Jimmy Root Jr, Rapture, Nuclear Weapons, Bible Prophecy, Russia, European Union, Lightning Chronicles, Terrorism, Ahmadinijad,